DAAK Foren-Übersicht DAAK
Deutscher Axis and Allies Klub

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

poll
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Weiter

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    DAAK Foren-Übersicht -> English Forum
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
CWL
Unteroffizier

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2003 3:17 pm    Titel: poll Antworten mit Zitat

ger attacks

#1 6 inf ger to 2 inf eeu
#2 30 inf 9 arm ukr 2 ftr weu 2 ftr ger bom bur vs
32 inf 2 arm 2 ftr 3 bom len

eeu is taken w/ 5 inf
len is held w/ 16 inf 2 arm 2 ftr
6 inf 9 arm retreat to eeu
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden AIM-Name
Curulin
Oberstabsfeldwebel

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2003 3:40 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

You can only retreat to a territory you attacked from.
CWL
Unteroffizier

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2003 4:07 pm    Titel: re Antworten mit Zitat

yes i agree but i'm waiting for offical ruling on this ,,then i will post it.
reason for poll is to see if players know answer>> if this is aloud then it may change alot of plays as the unoffical ruling is as long as a ftr or bom flys over the territory you may retreat to it , i dosent madder if you owned it before your turn started or not????
silly yes but it may open many new ways of moving troops around the board?????
CWL
Zappster
Oberstleutnant

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2003 4:17 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi CWL,
I deleted your poll, because we don't want any polls here.
(and in this case it's better to ask Panther or Achsenaxt)

It was a configuration error, that allowed you to start a poll...

Sorry for your inconvenience
Zappster
Curulin
Oberstabsfeldwebel

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2003 4:20 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

2nd Ed Rules Clarification
4) Teilweise Rückzüge sind nicht erlaubt. Alle Einheiten müssen sich gemeinsam in ein
befreundetes, angrenzendes Land zurückziehen, aus dem mind. eine Einheit angegriffen
hat (Ausnahme: Flugzeuge).

English: All units have to retreat together into an adjacent, friendly territory, where at least one unit attacked from.

Now the question is: Is a newly conquered territory friendly?
I'd say no.
Zappster
Oberstleutnant

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2003 4:28 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

This is not official, but i would say that you may only retreat to a land from which land units came from (or ships in a naval battle), because air units leave a combat area during the non combat move (see chapter 6) !
The withdraw is during the combat move.

Greetings
Zappster
CWL
Unteroffizier

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2003 4:39 pm    Titel: Panther or Achsenaxt Antworten mit Zitat

Panther has been ask to make a call on it (still waiting)
Achsenaxt believe he can and dosent have to declare ftr flying over eeu
so i sit without and answers..
the trouble is no one will give a offical answer with a clear cut answer..
And the ool on len was based on no retreat to eeu..(there was nothing said in combat moves about ftr flying threw eeu)
so if the retreat is posible then its still a declared incorrect battle and must be rerolled ???
Curulin
Oberstabsfeldwebel

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2003 6:14 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Sidenote: Since most people reading this forum are not English native speakers, please use grammatically correct English and no slang, else we find it hard to understand what you say. aksdawjrh
CWL
Unteroffizier

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2003 6:31 pm    Titel: ok plain english Antworten mit Zitat

Can you retreat to a newly taken territory if a ftr fly's over it??
(no land units came from this territory only ftr flying over it)
i cant make it any easier.
nemo97
Oberstabsgefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2003 7:59 pm    Titel: Pretty clear rules in English (for a native English speaker) Antworten mit Zitat

Page 2 of the Rules Clarification:

The 2nd ed Rules Clarification State the following on Page 2 (Clarification):

Retreats (highlighted emphasis by me)
There are four big things to remember:
(1) Only an attacker can retreat.
(2) A retreat can be made only after a defender defends-after ANY round of combat.
(3) An attacker cannot retreat from NOTHING-that is, if all the defending units are destroyed in the embattled territory or sea zone, then the attacking forces are stuck there- no retreating allowed.
(4) Partial retreats are never allowed except for subs. All attacking units must retreat together BACK to one adjacent friendly territory from which any one of the attacking units came.

Absolutely NO German units came from EEU as it was also a contested territory (in battle). What happened if EEU held? Retreat to Germany instead? I'm sorry, but after over 350 PBEM games here and there this one seems to be a no-brainer and should not have to be considered for more than 5 seconds as to the proper answer.

By the rules, GER (impossibly in this scenario) and UKR are the only legal retreat locations. The battle choices of the attacker only emphasizes how important it is to choose your battles wisely. From the looks of it, he was gambling in the first place and lost the bet.

Regards,
nemo97

P.S.: I bet even Nuno would not disagree with me on this one.Wink
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nemo97
Oberstabsgefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2003 8:35 pm    Titel: English slang Antworten mit Zitat

Zitat:
Sidenote: Since most people reading this forum are not English native speakers, please use grammatically correct English and no slang, else we find it hard to understand what you say.

Problem is many English first speakers do not realize right away they are speaking in slang. I think the bigger issue is misspelled words. That's one thing I've not liked about chatting is when I have to slow down to read words like "kewl" (cool). That's annoying.Wink

nemo97
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CWL
Unteroffizier

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2003 8:50 pm    Titel: thanks guys Antworten mit Zitat

your support is very much welcome as i still havent heard back yet on a offical call. I was going to post the first email i recieved on this ..but maybe i will wait on it..until its offical ...as it is what made this forum start.

but if you agree or disagree with retreating to a newly taken territory love to hear you out.

CWL
Curulin
Oberstabsfeldwebel

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2003 9:04 pm    Titel: Re: Sidenote Antworten mit Zitat

CWL hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Panther has been ask to make a call on it (still waiting)
Achsenaxt believe he can and dosent have to declare ftr flying over eeu
so i sit without and answers..
the trouble is no one will give a offical answer with a clear cut answer..
And the ool on len was based on no retreat to eeu..(there was nothing said in combat moves about ftr flying threw eeu)
so if the retreat is posible then its still a declared incorrect battle and must be rerolled ???

With proper English I also meant avoid typos and such.

"Panther has been ask" makes no sense to me.
"Achsenaxt believe" misses the plural "s".
"dosent" looks similar to do "doesn't".
"so i sit without and answers" you mean ANY answers?
etc.

I hope you know now what I meant.
OpTorch
Generalmajor

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2003 9:17 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

How about the German MBs?
I could imagine Babel Fish etc having some trouble with the German slang being used there. Wink
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden MSN Messenger
Panther
DAAK - VP / Vize-Verteidigungsminister

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 05, 2003 9:21 pm    Titel: Re: Pretty clear rules in English (for a native English spea Antworten mit Zitat

nemo97 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Page 2 of the Rules Clarification:

The 2nd ed Rules Clarification State the following on Page 2 (Clarification):

Retreats (highlighted emphasis by me)
There are four big things to remember:
(1) Only an attacker can retreat.
(2) A retreat can be made only after a defender defends-after ANY round of combat.
(3) An attacker cannot retreat from NOTHING-that is, if all the defending units are destroyed in the embattled territory or sea zone, then the attacking forces are stuck there- no retreating allowed.
(4) Partial retreats are never allowed except for subs. All attacking units must retreat together BACK to one adjacent friendly territory from which any one of the attacking units came.

If any of the attacking units entered the battle from EEU, EEU is an legal space to retreat to. ANY Units mean also air units.

This is the OFFICIAL ruling of the "Verteidigungsministerium" and not under consideration.

CWL, I told you this ruling by mail even yesterday. I asked you to talk to your opponent to come to an agreement how to go on.
I dont understand why you are making a running game public now.
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    DAAK Foren-Übersicht -> English Forum Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Weiter
Seite 1 von 2

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht teilnehmen.