DAAK Foren-Übersicht DAAK
Deutscher Axis and Allies Klub

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

Why is the Power Europe bid overwhelmingly used here?
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Weiter

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    DAAK Foren-Übersicht -> English Forum
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
nemo97
Oberstabsgefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Mai 10, 2003 5:36 am    Titel: Why is the Power Europe bid overwhelmingly used here? Antworten mit Zitat

Well?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Curulin
Oberstabsfeldwebel

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Mai 10, 2003 8:22 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Do you know a better alternative?
Magicman
Stabsfeldwebel

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Mai 10, 2003 5:29 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

the 21bid is only strong in the begining.

I prefer the 20bid with 3 inf EEU / 2 inf 1 arm LIB. It is much better on the long term.

The hard thing is that you have to play the begining without mistakes.

Magicman
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
achsenaxt
Brigadegeneral

BeitragVerfasst am: So Mai 11, 2003 11:31 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Additional forces in Asia instead of Europe avoid combined Man/Kwa. However it seems, this KJF is not played not very often at DAAK, is it?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
Magicman
Stabsfeldwebel

BeitragVerfasst am: So Mai 11, 2003 12:39 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Achsenaxt hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Additional forces in Asia instead of Europe avoid combined Man/Kwa. However it seems, this KJF is not played not very often at DAAK, is it?

There is no need of additional forces for the Japanese. Japan is strong enough to face the challange in Asia.

I´m going to post my LL Tournery game against Dschoh (MAN/KWA opening). I think i have a good solution for that problem. But it may take some weeks cause i have very less time now and there is a lot to discribe.

Each of your forces you put in Asia are missing in Europe and this seem much more critical to me. An aggressive played allied game agains a weak german has the possibility to kill the German before the Japanese enters the game.

Magicman
nemo97
Oberstabsgefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 14, 2003 8:05 pm    Titel: Better Bid, IMO... Antworten mit Zitat

Giving 21.. Rolling Why bid so low?Wink

1 inf KWA (deters the Kwang-Bang);
2 inf EEU (gives a decent counter to UKR if so desired or simply gives good defense on G1 in EEU)
4 inf LIB (makes EGY almost a given & if you play the MED right, you will NCM 2 inf to EGY to reinforce).

This sets GER up for a lot of income via Africa early on and almost assures JAP will have all its resources to do as it pleases turn one.

The PE is too much of a crap shot IMO. If it does not pay off VERY FAST, then the Axis are screwed.

nemo97
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nemo97
Oberstabsgefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 20, 2003 9:09 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Nuno,
I see you're still marching to the beat of your own drum. This is an

ENGLISH ONLY board.

YOu know, if it wasn't for the fact that you're an, um, better not say or you may cry AND an extremely slow player, it would be a lot of fun showing you exactly how sad your "playing skills" really are. Your 21 PE bid should win much less than 50% of the time. PEs give the Axis only one true window of oppurtunity because all of the bid is in one location. There is no help any where else. None. Nada. Zilch. What you fail to realize is the bid was an implemenatation by competitive players to equalize (read [b]BALANCE the game. Placing the entire bid in one location does nothing for equalization and that is why your pipe dreams of you being a superior player is just that, a pipe dream.

Oh, will you follow the rules next time and post in ENGLISH ONLY?!?!?
OpTorch
Generalmajor

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 20, 2003 12:30 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Was sich liebt, das neckt sich!

oops, sorry for the German language J. Wink

btw, I think the PE bid goes 2 ways. It prevents the game being over after G1
(for the axis), but it limits the options for the axis somewhat.
The main plan is "obvious" but still dangerous for the allies, not in the least b/c
of the posibility of early important battles (or even crap shots).

A.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden MSN Messenger
Curulin
Oberstabsfeldwebel

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 20, 2003 12:41 pm    Titel: IC BUR Bid Antworten mit Zitat

I just won a game (3321) where I built an IC in BUR from my Bid.
This may not be the best, but at least a viable strategy if you want to try a different bid.
Massive-Attack
Hauptgefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 20, 2003 5:15 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi,

the main thing it is used by lots of good a&a players is that it will give you a safe start in a lowluck game. In ads games there will be much more splitted bids. My bids are also different betweeen ads and lowluck games. First thing of a ukr power bid is that it prevents a man/kwa surprise, cause the russian infs better shall be moved towards moscow. Second thing is that azo won´t be attacked, cause russia has to attack fin or eeu instead of ukr. (ftr, trn against trn, sub is a too risky fight in my opinion). This means that ger will usually end with 1 ftr more on the board after turn 1. (you wont lose a ftr in nor). The uk bb can be attacked with cmd bb and one ftr too. So Uk wont have any bb ships after turn 1 without losing a ftr. Nice. I also will attack egy in turn 1 (and move 2 infs from seu to lib in ncm to do a counterattack) to force the uk infs out of asia. Then the japanese can attack sin and chi in turn 1 which means that there arent any uk/usa troops in asia after the first round.
So what you will get is a safe start for the axis without much risky battles in lowluck games. May not the income from africa, but a fortress in europe from the beginning and a quick japanese expansion. In turn 4-5 the japanese should be anyway in egy. But thats only my opinion, they are lots of other players who prefer splitted bids.

Cheers

Mark
Panther
General

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 20, 2003 7:57 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

@ Massive Attack:
I agree with most things you said. But I cant see any reason why this should only be true for LL games. Also when playing dicey games its very wise to minimize your risk.
nemo97
Oberstabsgefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 21, 2003 5:32 pm    Titel: Minimizing risks in Europe Antworten mit Zitat

By placing only 2 inf in EEU with the bid I very rarely need to vacate EEU on G1. The only time I feel the pressure to back out of EEU on G1 is when RUS takes UKR w/ 7 or 8inf plus armor. That's it! Odds on UKR are to take w/ 4 inf (usually seems to be 5) plus armor. If Russia takes UKR with the "average" take, then the Axis player has the chance to kill Russian armor (likely not to be replaced any time soon).

Because I have had very little need for more than 2 inf in EEU, I simply do not see the rationale for taking away from the Africa front which is extremely important to Germany's health though the IPC swing for Germany/away from England. The UK needs those IPCs desperate and the longer Germany holds them, the stronger they are for the Japanese to march on Moscow. With an all Europe bid, I will still hit the German navy ASAP (usually round 1) and quite possibly have a decent counter to Egypt. If Germany loses those 2 battles, then they are going to be a sickly country and at the whims of the Allies.

nemo97
OpTorch
Generalmajor

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 26, 2003 5:45 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Herr Nuno,

Sie haben eine PM.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden MSN Messenger
Leonidas
Unteroffizier

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 28, 2003 10:44 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

a PM is a private message, a feature this board has. You should see a link in the menu bar below the DAAK logo stating you have a new message (of course in german Smile), Nuno.
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    DAAK Foren-Übersicht -> English Forum Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Weiter
Seite 1 von 2

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht teilnehmen.