DAAK Foren-Übersicht DAAK
Deutscher Axis and Allies Klub

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

Calculation of points
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    DAAK Foren-Übersicht -> English Forum
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Zappster
Oberstleutnant

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 23, 2003 3:32 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I would say Harry, Rommel and Zab.
Guess, why the ranking list is sorted by this values by default Cool

Zappster
Panther
DAAK - VP / Vize-Verteidigungsminister

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 23, 2003 11:08 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Lili Marleen hat Folgendes geschrieben:
But there´s still the question: Which is the decisive ranking list?

Ok, I think there has been a misunderstanding. If you ask for the decisive RL you have to say WHAT you want to DECIDE!

If you want to decide who is the most skilled opponent for your next game you would use the point based list.

We will use the pointbased list from now on officially for every tourney arrangements when an arrangement by skill is needed Smile

The rank based list was introduced together with the entrance rule for experienced newbies (good players get 1150 or even 1250 points instead of 1000 before they started their first game). Many older members would not consider it fair if these new players would appear "on the first side" of the RL without playing at least some games.
So if you want to see the list sorted by ranks it will be remain default.
If you want to see the pointbased list you just have to make a single mouseclick on the link "points".
Essentially the point based list and the rank based list are only different ways of displaying the same facts, namely ranks and points.

No other than that mentioned decisions (point based for tourneys) will be made by DAAK officials regarding the RL.
Again, every member may decide wich presentation he or she wants to look at.

Hope that helps.
Lili Marleen
Generalleutnant

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 24, 2003 7:22 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Panther hat Folgendes geschrieben:
We will use the pointbased list from now on officially for every tourney arrangements when an arrangement by skill is needed Smile
Hope that helps.

It does! Good

Cheers,

Lili Very Happy
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
jadtiger
Unteroffizier

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 25, 2003 6:01 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

hi panther,

i just won another game, and now i'm officially number 10 on the list! Cool

but the amount of points i earned from it was so small that at this rate, it will take me a while before i inch my way up to challenge you for your spot on the points list. Very Happy

Zitat:
good players get 1150 or even 1250 points instead of 1000 before they started their first game

you know, now that you mention it, i think i started out at only 1000 pts, and had to work my way up from the ground zero. why is that when others from AAMC have started out higher? was i not considered skilled enough to qualify for the 1250 or even the 1150 pts? Smile oh well, it doesn't matter anymore.

Zitat:
If you ask for the decisive RL you have to say WHAT you want to DECIDE!

so do most people go by the points list or the experience list? i get the impression that it is the points list. if so, what is the point of having both, if only one of them really means anything.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Panther
DAAK - VP / Vize-Verteidigungsminister

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 25, 2003 9:25 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

jadtiger hat Folgendes geschrieben:

i just won another game, and now i'm officially number 10 on the list! Cool

but the amount of points i earned from it was so small that at this rate, it will take me a while before i inch my way up to challenge you for your spot on the points list. Very Happy

Come on, there are only 40 points to make. I have no problem when I drop to three if you are climbing to one.

you know, now that you mention it, i think i started out at only 1000 pts, and had to work my way up from the ground zero. why is that when others from AAMC have started out higher? was i not considered skilled enough to qualify for the 1250 or even the 1150 pts? Smile oh well, it doesn't matter anymore.

Well, you registered DAAK in July or August. Im not sure if we had the entrance function in the enrolment program at that time. Of course in order to qualify for 1150 or 1250 you would had to uncover your AAMC name.

so do most people go by the points list or the experience list? i get the impression that it is the points list. if so, what is the point of having both, if only one of them really means anything.

I dont know how many people go to either list, but I know that both have their fans. Very Happy
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    DAAK Foren-Übersicht -> English Forum Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2
Seite 2 von 2

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht teilnehmen.