DAAK Foren-Übersicht DAAK
Deutscher Axis and Allies Klub

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

Policy??
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4  Weiter

Neues Thema eröffnen   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.    DAAK Foren-Übersicht -> English Forum
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
nemo97
Oberstabsgefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 21, 2003 10:15 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Librarian Valorous

Despite what some of the posters here have said, the American people do not gain joy out of war. We do not want war. What we want and what we think we must do are not always the same thing. We see our move against Saddam & his horrible human rights record and 12+ years of ignoring the will of the international community (i.e. all those U.N. Resolutions) along with the very real threat of Saddam arming terrorist groups with very lethal weapons has forced the American government (with the support of more than 50% of its people) to preemptively strike Iraq.

If we were in Iraq to build an empire as so many intellectually dishonest people have accused us to be doing, then we would not have already put out that we want the U.N. to be directly involved in rebuilding Iraq (especially the form of government).

It is sad to me the strain the German-USA & France-USA (okay, not so much the French) relations have undergone. There is a growing anti-French movement and people organizing boycotts of French goods here. I, for one, will never in my lifetime buy another French product. The Germans are very close to being placed on that list due to their government's refusal to work with my government. Too bad I guess, I was thinking about venturing out to buy a German car next time around. I guess I'll just keep some Japanese employed instead (go Nissan!Very Happy).

The saddest thing in many of my countrymen's views is what we perceive to be a lack of goodwill toward us. You saw firsthand the heavy hearts the Americans suffered after Sept. 11, 2001. My wife calls me from work and tells me a plane just hit one of the World Trade Centers. I doze back off for a few minutes. Then the thought startled me awake so I turned on the TV. What I see next is horrifying as the second plane impacts. I immediately called my wife back at work and told her it was terrorists attacking us and "we're going to war." My almost-3 year old daughter is sitting with me asking me, "Daddy, what's wrong?" What am I to say? I am not a believer of lying to kids, yet at the same time realize they will not comprehend all what I say. I told her, "Emily, some very bad people ran some planes into those buildings and killed a lot of people." The sad thing is for a small kid she understood "bad people, planes, buildings & killed."

Some 2 and a half years later my daugher (now 5 1/2) still recalls "those naughty people that ran planes into buildings and killed people." I refuse to allow some foreign governments and/or the U.N. to tell me my government does not have the right to do its damnedest to insure my kids live in a safe country. Instead of stabbing America in the back, our Allies should be along our side in the War on Terror with the same resolve we have to promote freedom, prosperity, democracy and all that we deem good.

As for Texas, I am glad you enjoyed your stay in my home state. I grew up about 250 miles down Interstate 10 in this little place you might have heard of, Houston. Wink

Cheers
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zab
General

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 21, 2003 10:34 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

What will you you do with your Miss Liberty ? .. She is frensh!

Sorry nemo, but I can not understand this american behavior.

Not to buy german cars or frensh wine is like kids do... and that is the american way ???

Hmm I thought that everybody has got the right to say what he thinks and believes. But if even a friend has not got the right to do so who has got ???

There was a time here in germany one has not the right to say what one believes. These times are over.

Do you know the film American History X ? You should whatch this one.

And another one: Wake the dogs tale...

So if you do not like german products, I have to say that the DAAK is also german...

Cheers

Zab

By the way. I think that the iraq has done a lot of bad things and that one has to do something against it. But this should be done from the UN and not from 1 single country.

But it seems that all the Bushs of the world love war....

Zab
=========================
Es genügt nicht, keine Ideen zu haben, man muss auch unfähig sein, sie auszudrücken.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Zab am Fr März 21, 2003 11:40 am, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
Aquapanik
General

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 21, 2003 11:34 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

@ Zab,

auch wenn ich mich nicht mehr einmischen wollte:

jetzt mal auf pfälzisch damit nemos Übersetzungsprogramm ein wenig zu kämpfen hat:

Wennde en Verbohrder vor dier hasch, dann kannsche mit demm nett redde. Unn wennde mit demm nett redde kannsch dann solschte es bleiwe losse. Das hat kä Zweck.

Volker
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden
Zab
General

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 21, 2003 11:39 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

@Aquapanik

Ik gloob det ooch bald wa.
Aba ik wold dem verboohrten fascho bloss mal nen satz mitgebben
jetzte bin ik ooch wieda stille... musste nur mal sein..wenn alle so denken würden hätten wir alle nen kleinen Schnurrbart unter der Nase.

Zab
=========================
Es genügt nicht, keine Ideen zu haben, man muss auch unfähig sein, sie auszudrücken.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
Darth Olli
Unteroffizier

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 21, 2003 11:44 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Aquapanik hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Wennde en Verbohrder vor dier hasch, dann kannsche mit demm nett redde. Unn wennde mit demm nett redde kannsch dann solschte es bleiwe losse. Das hat kä Zweck.

*grins* *kauderwelschon*datt stimmet woll. Immahin kommta aus Täckßäß. *kauderwelschoff* Very Happy
Aquapanik
General

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 21, 2003 1:22 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

"Täckßäß"

isnknaller ! Reschpeckt !
Aquapanik
General

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 21, 2003 1:37 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

ich hab es mal übersetzen lassen:

Wennde en Verbohrder before dier hasch, then kannsche with demm nicely redde. Unn wennde with demm nicely redde kannsch then solschte it bleiwe losse. That has kä purpose.
Panther
General

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 21, 2003 1:40 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Please only English in this forum.

Thanks
Panther
General

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 21, 2003 1:42 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Thanks
Aquapanik
General

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 21, 2003 1:44 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Yes, Sir!

Sorry, Sir!

Meow...
OpTorch
Generalmajor

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 21, 2003 2:43 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I dont think Nemos translator (aka OpTorch) would have any problems with this dialect when being consulted. cool

Alexander
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden MSN Messenger
Darth Olli
Unteroffizier

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 21, 2003 4:36 pm    Titel: "Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity" Antworten mit Zitat

Panther hat Folgendes geschrieben:

OpTorch hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I dont think Nemos translator (aka OpTorch) would have any problems with this dialect when being consulted.

Spalter Very Happy

Ok, here we go:

nemo97
Oberstabsgefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 22, 2003 5:43 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

In response to Zab's last post...

Zitat:
What will you you do with your Miss Liberty ? .. She is frensh!

I suppose we shall keep her. She is from a completely different era in US-Franco relations.

Zitat:
Sorry nemo, but I can not understand this american behavior.

Not to buy german cars or frensh wine is like kids do... and that is the american way ???

It's called a "boycott." It's what we do here when we're pissed off at someone or country for doing something we think is stupid. It's too bad, I really had my heart set on that VW Jetta turbo diesel with heated seats.Sad

Zitat:
Hmm I thought that everybody has got the right to say what he thinks and believes. But if even a friend has not got the right to do so who has got ???

Yes. And we have a right to boycott the goods of those that did not support us. Spending your money is in a certain manner is in effect exercising the freedom of speech (Put your money where your mouth is).

Zitat:
There was a time here in germany one has not the right to say what one believes. These times are over.

Thank you America & Great Britian.

Zitat:
Do you know the film American History X ? You should whatch this one.

And another one: Wake the dogs tale...

I am very selective in which films I watch & those 2 will not make the cut.Wink The Rookie for sure.Very Happy

Zitat:
So if you do not like german products, I have to say that the DAAK is also german...

True, true. Just remember, I didn't start this thread of discussion. A European did.Wink

Zitat:
By the way. I think that the iraq has done a lot of bad things and that one has to do something against it. But this should be done from the UN and not from 1 single country.

It is interesting you still want to cling to the U.N. to resolve these problems you admit are in Iraq. The U.N. has proven for over 12 years now it does not have the balls to enforce the restrictions it has placed on Iraq after the 1991 war. The U.N. has proven itself to be utterly worthless when it comes to dealing with the tough issues (thank you France).

Zitat:
But it seems that all the Bushs of the world love war....

Sure, sure. Americans are warmongers, so says Tarik Aziz (and we all know how credible he is). I guess your television stations censored the pictures of the Iraqis in Southern Iraq greeting the Allied forces with handshakes and by helping tear down pictures of Saddam?

As for "America going in alone".... horse hockey! Troops from Australia, Great Britian and Poland are helping America and at least 40 other nations have backed the American & British led effort to free Iraq.

Did you guys take math lessons from Al Gore? Your math is just a bit fuzzy and may need to be refreshed.

nemo97
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jones
Hauptgefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 23, 2003 12:17 am    Titel: broaden your horizon Antworten mit Zitat

Zitat:
I am very selective in which films I watch & those 2 will not make the cut.Wink The Rookie for sure.Very Happy

I guess that's the problem of many Amerikans: they are a little too selective in what they think they should watch and what opinions they are willing to think about. May be it would be advantageous for the creation of an opinion that is based on a broad information and idea pool if they changed their behaviour. Perhaps you start with these two movies....

kind regards,

Jones
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
nemo97
Oberstabsgefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 23, 2003 2:29 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Zitat:
I guess that's the problem of many Amerikans: they are a little too selective in what they think they should watch and what opinions they are willing to think about. May be it would be advantageous for the creation of an opinion that is based on a broad information and idea pool if they changed their behaviour. Perhaps you start with these two movies....

Or maybe those that are so "open-minded" have simply drowned themselves with psuedo-intellect they cannot make an informed decision.

I am having a hard time justifying how watching movies is supposed to make me more sensitive to opinions of those primarily outside my country is supposed to make me a broader thinker? Have you stopped to think that possibly I don't need to think about your points-of-view for more than a mere moment before coming to the realization that you do not intend on serving my national security interests?

Why have I discounted the positions the French, Germans, Russians, Chinese, etc, etc have taken in not supporting the USA, Britian, Australia, Poland and over 40 other nations when it comes to combatting terrorists & terrorist supporting regimes? Because the positions of the "anti-war" crowd does not truely care for the lives of people as they claim they do. They do not care that America took a punch below the belt and are willing to fight back. They do not care if I lose more countrymen to more cowardice terrorists.

Why is it countries such as Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania support the war on terror and regimes like Saddam's? I think it's because their memories are much more fresh on what living under a dictator is like. I think they are much more in tune with the plight of those living under brutality. It is too sad those oppressed less than 60 years ago have so quickly forgotten the lessons of history. Shame on you. Shame, shame. You should all be covering your faces in shame for being so arrogant in pointing fingers at a country that has done so much for your freedom and security. The French have been the recipient of American courage more than once and has not repaid us in kind. It was a lot of American blood spilled on the shores of Normandy, across North Africa & Europe to rid the world of a tyrant named Adolf Hitler. It was Americans and the British and our allies that made the ultimate sacrifice to save Europe from an evil man & his regime. Funny I do not recall many in Germany really having a big problem being brought out from under Hitler's control. I do not think you have a problem with the gov't we put in place. I do not think you have a problem with the freedoms we insured for you. Why are you so sure the Iraqis do not want the same? Why do you insist on holding the position that a murderous dictator should be left alone to do his evil work? Please, I dare you to answer how you can justify this! I dare you to answer how you can possibly be opposed to the Coalition of the Willing to be putting their asses on the line to free an oppressed people & rid the world of a stockpile of WMD. There are no valid answers to be opposed to this war and in your hardened little hearts you know this to be true. You simply hate Bush and have resentment toward America and her power. You may not admit this, but this is truely the bottom line. Instead of being helpful all you want to do is be a hinderance. That, my friends, is unacceptable.

I think it's time you get over your European-Superiority ego trips and come back to earth. What America is doing (what AMerica asked you to help do) is to make the world a safer place for us all to live in. You chose to have a more dangerous world. We didn't. We love life. We love our people. We respect those around the world and their fundamental human right to live free lives (why dont' you go back and re-read the Universal Declaration of Human Rights http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html as a refresher). Maybe then you'll have a clearer understanding where the United States of American and the United Kingdom is coming from. Maybe, just maybe you will open your minds to what is truely important in the world instead of being arrogant toward me and my country for doing what is right and just.

Enough of this before I really tell you what I think.
Neues Thema eröffnen   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.    DAAK Foren-Übersicht -> English Forum Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4  Weiter
Seite 3 von 4

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht teilnehmen.