DAAK Foren-Übersicht DAAK
Deutscher Axis and Allies Klub

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

Heretic thought! Why still A&A???
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    DAAK Foren-Übersicht -> English Forum
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Attila
Oberst

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 04, 2003 2:14 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Stahlregen hat Folgendes geschrieben:

Attila said Eric Grenier's game, but that is a compromise. I had some words with Eric (which I know from CSW) about his game, and he said to me that his intention is to bring in some consim feeling into the A&A world, but I am not sure that's a good thing.

Hm, i don't think this is the right description. A CoSim with A&A feeling is a better! Is is far more a cosim as a&a!
Don't judge it before you have played it twice. It's great "grand strategy" game.

Atti
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden
Stahlregen
Obergefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 04, 2003 2:39 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Attila,

Zitat:
Hm, i don't think this is the right description. A CoSim with A&A feeling is a better! Is is far more a cosim as a&a!
Don't judge it before you have played it twice. It's great "grand strategy" game.

I don't say Eric's game is not worth playing and my description maybe was a bit misleading because written in a hurry.

Actually Eric told me, that his game is for giving A&A used players a bit more options etc.. and it's not intended to give consim players something to give up A3R , WiF etc.. for it. Of course his game feels more like a consim because of the hex map and the given unit size. The rules are AFAIK a mix from ETO and A&A, so that's indeed a boost, but I don't know how it plays. I don't like plastic figures anyway. If Curulin is looking for a consim I'd say better not start with a hybrid, because games using counters do play different and most consims are counter based.

Stahlregen
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Curulin
Oberstabsfeldwebel

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 04, 2003 5:06 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Thanx for your tips, I'll try it out.
Personally I love games with long and complicated rules, and after reading Shakespeare, Chaucer and Beowulf in their original version ("Hwaet, we Gar-Dena in geardagum, theodcyninga thrym gefrunon, ...") I don't think I need a rules translation.
I just think that for a proper board game you need at least 3 players, and it's pretty difficult to find other players who like long and complicated rules. Most want to start playing after max. 5 minutes explaining.
Stahlregen
Obergefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 04, 2003 6:21 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Curulin,

Zitat:
I just think that for a proper board game you need at least 3 players, and it's pretty difficult to find other players who like long and complicated rules. Most want to start playing after max. 5 minutes explaining.

FTF is always a problem, because you are right it's very difficult to find others that have the same dedication to learn such long rules.
Regarding 3 players: that's probably true for most consims but if you really like huge Rulebooks and but have one buddy next to you then give ASL a go. 99% of the scenarios are for 2 players and if you install VASSAL and the VASL mod you can start learning/playing right from the next minute. (given you have the RB, of course) And even if there's no one willing to learn/play it with you FTF, you'll have always opponents that are more than wiling to help a newbie. With VASL there's no evening without online gaming, if you like and ask about a PbEM game in the chat or on the ASL ML or on the ASL folder at CSW and you'll have to take cover because of tons of games you can play.

The same goes for TK: get cyberboard running and you won't need any FTF opponent. Both VASL and CB are almost better experiences than FTF... Smile

Good luck,

Stahlregen
Panther
DAAK - VP / Vize-Verteidigungsminister

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 04, 2003 11:15 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Curulin hat Folgendes geschrieben:

Well I think there are a lot of cosims that can be played with only 2 players. I found here (Grossraum München) 4 or 5 guys who accept far more than 5 minutes of rules explanations Smile
So if you can come here you surely find some opponents for cosims.
As for the plastic miniatures I totally agree with Stahlregen. A game containing them cannot be a cosim.
And yes, I dont like plastik miniatures, too. Wink
Stahlregen
Obergefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 04, 2003 11:42 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Cu,

perhaps it's a good idea to start with a consim that uses area movement instead of hex movement. That is something to recognize from your A&A and could make the switch easier for you. There are some very good area consims out there, I would recommend Breakout Normandy or Turning point Stalingrad. Both are fun to play, with easy rules and fast gameplay. Both players are quite involved all the time, so there's little downtime and the games give an accurate picture of the battles portrayed.

just a thought...

Stahlregen
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    DAAK Foren-Übersicht -> English Forum Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Seite 5 von 5

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht teilnehmen.