DAAK Foren-Übersicht DAAK
Deutscher Axis and Allies Klub

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

Tech rule

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    DAAK Foren-Übersicht -> Regelfragen AAR - Rules AAR
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Deltium
Gefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 30, 2017 7:29 pm    Titel: Tech rule Antworten mit Zitat

Dear DAAK - when I started my AAR game, my opponent did NOT indicate that he wanted to play with tech. After SIX rounds, he decides unilaterally to begin playing with tech, WITHOUT seeking my approval or even discussing this with me beforehand. I do not want to play with tech, but he indicates that tech is automatically OK in each game, UNLESS both people agree to NOT play with tech. Is this accurate?

In every game that I heave every played in my life, it is good to check with your opponent (at the BEGINNING) whether tech is allowed or not, because it is a very significant option in AAR, and it changes the game very materially.

My question is very simple -- is tech standard or not? If so, where does it clarify this in the Daak club rules?

Can you please decide if tech is allowed in my game by my opponent?

Thank you, Deltium
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden AIM-Name
Deltium
Gefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 30, 2017 8:01 pm    Titel: Re: Tech rule Antworten mit Zitat

Rule 3.1 states that Tech is "optional if agreed upon" and Rule 1.2 states that Optional rules must be agreed upon at the START of the game.

I assume this means that Tech is NOT allowed in my game since I never agreed to use tech in my game with him.

Deltium hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Dear DAAK - when I started my AAR game, my opponent did NOT indicate that he wanted to play with tech. After SIX rounds, he decides unilaterally to begin playing with tech, WITHOUT seeking my approval or even discussing this with me beforehand. I do not want to play with tech, but he indicates that tech is automatically OK in each game, UNLESS both people agree to NOT play with tech. Is this accurate?

In every game that I heave every played in my life, it is good to check with your opponent (at the BEGINNING) whether tech is allowed or not, because it is a very significant option in AAR, and it changes the game very materially.

My question is very simple -- is tech standard or not? If so, where does it clarify this in the Daak club rules?

Can you please decide if tech is allowed in my game by my opponent?

Thank you, Deltium
Pernaug
DAAK-Präsident / Webmaster

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 30, 2017 11:20 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi Deltium,

is this a tournament game? If yes, then the answer is that tech is allowed.

If not, the answer is more difficult and may need further discussion:

You already cited the club rules, which were initially written for 2nd edition were tech is not standard. AAR is played according to LHTR tournament rules were tech is part of the game.
Deltium
Gefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Okt 31, 2017 3:03 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hello - thank you for your swift response. No, this is not a tournament game.

While I understand that AAR uses LHTR, the Club rules do NOT indicate that the reference to Tech applies solely to 2nd edition, and it refers in both 1.2 and 3.1 to tech as "optional" and that this MUST be agreed by BOTH players BEFORE the start of the game. This rule is very broad and AAR/LHTR is not mentioned in this section of the rules.

I hope that you understand that playing with Tech is understood by many players as a very significant decision since it changes the game materially. Every experienced player knows that two players must discuss this option before using tech, as it changes the game entirely.

If Daak intended an exception for AAR LHTR, then this should be stated in the Club rules, which it is NOT. It would not be fair to suddenly allow tech in direct contradiction of the club rules in 3.1 and 1.2.

Thank you, Deltium

Pernaug hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Hi Deltium,

is this a tournament game? If yes, then the answer is that tech is allowed.

If not, the answer is more difficult and may need further discussion:

You already cited the club rules, which were initially written for 2nd edition were tech is not standard. AAR is played according to LHTR tournament rules were tech is part of the game.
Pernaug

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 02, 2017 12:18 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I understand your point. That's why I said it will need further discussion internally how to deal with your current situation but also how to adjust the written rules to provide more clarification.
Deltium
Gefreiter

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 10, 2017 2:35 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Please advise if Daak has made a decision on this rule yet and/or my particular situation. My opponent and I cannot advance until this is decided. Thank you.

Pernaug hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I understand your point. That's why I said it will need further discussion internally how to deal with your current situation but also how to adjust the written rules to provide more clarification.
Pernaug

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 11, 2017 2:19 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

We already made a decision to update the rules, spelling out the default settings for tech for each variant.

We are very close to a decision regarding your case. You will hear soon from us.
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    DAAK Foren-Übersicht -> Regelfragen AAR - Rules AAR Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht teilnehmen.